Carousell is where it is today because of all of you – enterprising sellers with unique and rare items, sharp-eyed buyers who enjoy going off the beaten track, and more.
In times like these, it’s important we do not lose sight of how we can help one another as a community.
Many users are not as lucky as the rest of us in being able to access the items they need.
We invite all of you, whether you’re veteran sellers or have never tried selling before, to list affordably-priced items. These items can help impacted and vulnerable users carry on with their lifestyles as usual.
How can you best help buyers in need?
Take reference from retail prices. If your item is secondhand, price at 70% of the original price or lower to account for depreciation or wear/tear. Consider vulnerable segments who may need the item you’re listing, and overpricing will not, in any way, help the situation.
List items that can best assist buyers to continue life as usual
This list is not exhaustive. Do give more if you have the means.
- Medical essentials, e.g. surgical masks, N95 masks, alcohol swabs and thermometers
- Cleaning essentials, e.g. hand sanitizers, anti-bacterial wipes and disinfectants
- Family essentials, especially for babies- and kids-related needs, e.g. milk powder, diapers, educational toys for babies and children and baby carriers
- Home and living essentials, e.g. rice cookers and hot water flasks
- Ways to develop new skills and spend time at home productively, e.g. self-improvement books, board games for the whole family, photography equipment, or baking equipment
Give away for free
If you have the means, list for free in our Free Items category. This way, you can help the ones who are in need and don’t have the budget to go shopping for enough essentials at times like this.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
A small gesture can go a long way in enabling others to carry on life as normal, and also helping a little in making ends meet. When we all pitch in, Everyone Wins.